Mountain Belt Dark Brown
The Mountain Belt is a serious piece of leather. Built from Hermann Oak's Old World Harness leather, this heavy duty leather belt is not for fragile hearts and delicate trousers. Purchase the Russet color here.
- 13oz (.25") Thick American Harness Leather from Hermann Oak in St. Louis.
- Traditional Harness just like your grandfather used. Stuffed in drums with heavy tallow for exceptional weather wear, thickness, ease of cutting, and durability in the field.
- Strap Width Options include 1.5" and 1.75".
- Colors include Dark Brown and Russet**
- Buckle Hardware is solid brass with antique brass (matte nickle finish coming soon).
- The billet end of the belt has 7 holes spaced by 1" on hole center.
- It is 6.5" from the center hole to the tip of the belt tongue.
- Best in Belts 2014 Winner at Badger and Blade
- See IMPORTANT sizing chart below.
** Due to the nature of drum dyed leather, color may not exactly match the photographed color. But they will always be very close. Expect your leather belt to darken and patina with age and wear. (See below)
Important: Proper sizing is very important. You are responsible for providing a correct measurement. Be sure to follow the measurement directions when ordering. Please see my terms below for any questions you may have.
- Handmade to order. Please see wait time in the INFO/FAQ page.
- Fit is guaranteed within center 3 holes. For best results enter the belt size based on the measurement of your true waist.
- Restocking fee incurred on any exchanges over customer preference or incorrect sizing.
Available in a Russet or Dark Brown color that is drummed dyed at Hermann Oak’s tannery in Saint Louis, Missouri. The waxy harness leather tends to resist the intake of the dark brown oil dye, and results in a fantastic antique patina. Accented with a large antiqued solid brass buckle, this belt has an old world class that is timeless. Secured with 2 screw posts, you are able to swap this solid brass buckle out for your favorite buckle with the simple turn of a standard screw driver.
Please check the FAQ for make and delivery time frame. If you need it by a certain date, please message me and I’ll see what I can make happen.
Thank you for supporting independent and hand made.
"How beautiful this was when it was new. And how beautiful it still is, even though time has made it different".
A well loved Russet Mountain Belt.
See how the RUSSET MOUNTAIN BELT will age and darken.
"There's something comforting about knowing the face and name of the craftsman making something for you. An item made to order; however, is particularly whimsical and takes it one step further. Your soon to be special item isn't just sitting on a shelf waiting to be ordered, but instead, exists as raw materials, awaiting your order and a skilled craftsman's touch." Badger and Blade Read More »
Most orders arrive between
Port Wallets, Insider Wallets and Enfold Card Wallets typically go out within 1 week. If you have a deadline, please contact us. We may be able to work something out.
Custom Requests: Closed
Our store orders are our top priority, and so we're unable to interrupt our work flow in order to accept any custom requests. If you're interested in your initials being placed on your item, we suggest taking it in to your local laser engraver. You'll receive a quality engraving, that is truly complimentary to your fine leather goods.
Items In Stock
Generally we keep Port Wallets, Insiders and Enfold Card Wallets built and ready to ship. Otherwise all leather goods are generally hand made to your order. Items marked as 'in stock' means that we have the material on hand to fulfill your order and that wait times will apply.
All USA destinations are shipped USPS Priority Mail which has a 2-3 day transit time for US residents. You will receive tracking information in an email when your order ships.
International shipments may choose between First Class or Priority mail, but we strongly suggest Priority. There is no guarantee of tracking for international shipments. If your package hasn't arrived after 30 days, please contact USPS with your tracking number. Craft and Lore cannot be held responsible for the postal service losing packages. If a package is indeed lost, and after 60 days have passed since the shipping day, please contact us and we will see what we can do.