The Craft and Lore Task Boot is a collaborative boot with Nick's Handmade Boots in our neighboring city of Spokane Washington. These custom built boots can take up to 10 weeks, and will require your completion of a fit guide which you will receive in the mail. Please see the Order Process below for details.
- Entirely hand built by Nicks Boots in Spokane Washington
- Fit Guaranteed
- Boot Height 6"
- Moderate Arch HNW Last
- 430 Oil-Resisting Vibram Full Sole
- Rugged Oil Tanned 7/8oz thick leather from Seidel Tannery in WI, USA
- Solid brass eyelets and lace hooks
- Celastic Toe with Full Cap
- Craft and Lore Axmark stamp on the removable false tongue
- These fall under our Custom Product No Returns policy
- Not eligible for any coupons or discounts
The Task Boot is designed to be the everyday boot for light to medium duty jobs in your work or adventures -- and yet can still be worn to church with some spit-shine as needed. Built with durable oil-tanned leather from the Siedel Tannery in Milwaukee Wisconsin, USA, lasted on the classic moderate-arch HNW last, and fully resoleable and rebuildable, the Task Boot is the definition of heritage.
Craft & Lore is an independent design and build workshop focused on durable handmade leather accessories. It happens to be a stones-throw across the Idaho line from the Nicks Handmade Boots workshop in Spokane, Washington. When the lads at Nicks Boots reached out to Craft & Lore about a collaboration, they jumped at the chance.
For 55+ years, Nicks Boots has been hand-making rugged heirloom quality work boots for loggers and wildland firefighters. Craft & Lore has spent the past 5 years developing a reputation for building rugged and enduring men’s accessories. Sourcing materials from quality-proven American companies has always been important to the ethos of both brands, along with the craftsmanship involved in their work. From the meticulously hand-lasting of their boots, to the impervious hand-stitching that Craft & Lore employs on their leather goods, it was a solid match for a collaboration.
Ordering custom fitted boots requires a bit more attention, but the perfect fit for the next several years make it worth the small amount of time. Here is what to expect when you place your order.
- Fit is guaranteed
- Foot tracing, multiple measurements, and a mail-out try-on pair of boots (shipping covered for USA customers). International Customers may skip the mail-out Try On Pair to avoid additional shipping costs.
- Phone consultation as needed
- A long life tough boot that can be rebuilt and resoled as needed
- New soles are often required after years of wear-out. Send them in to be resoled for a fee.
- If other aspects of the boot are being worn out and in need of replacement, Nicks can replace parts as needed.
- Choose your color and leather option and complete checkout
- You'll receive a "Fit Guide" in the mail.
- Following the Fit Guide instructions, measure both feet and ankles, and trace your foot pattern. See Fit Guide Video walk through.
- Mail back the Fit Guide, and you'll receive a pair of "Try On" boots in the mail based on your submitted measurements. Take notes on any points of discomfort or size issues for Nicks to update your profile with, and send the boots back. Shipping is covered. International Customers may request to skip the Try On Pair in the order notes to avoid additional shipping costs.
- Begin the wait on your custom built boots. Wait times vary from 8 to 10 weeks based on Nicks workload.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between Nick's Boots and your Task Boot?
A: The details make the difference is the short answer. The Task Boot has some small stitching pattern details, a two piece heel cap, and our Axmark on the false tongue, is the long answer. So basically, not very much. Ordering the Task Boot is a way that you're supporting both brands and getting a style that you cannot receive from Nick's directly, even though there are close similar options.
Q: I already have my size on file with Nick's. Can I avoid the fitting process?
A: Unfortunately not, so you'll still need to go through the fit process. Because different lasts and arch support require different fittings and information, and because we want the full quality service and a boot that is a perfect fit without fail, we require a full fit process for your Task Boot order. Once you have been fitted for one order of the Task Boot, that fitting will work toward future purchases of the Task Boot.
Most orders arrive between
Estimated 2-4 Weeks
Port Wallets, Insider Wallets and Enfold Card Wallets typically go out a day or two after the order is placed. If you have a deadline, please contact us. We may be able to work something out.
Custom Requests: Closed
Our store orders are our top priority, and so we're unable to interrupt our work flow in order to accept any custom requests. If you're interested in your initials being placed on your item, we suggest taking it in to your local laser engraver. You'll receive a quality engraving, that is truly complimentary to your fine leather goods.
Items In Stock
Generally we keep Port Wallets, Insiders and Enfold Card Wallets built and ready to ship. Otherwise all leather goods are generally hand made to your order. Items marked as 'in stock' means that we have the material on hand to fulfill your order and that wait times will apply.
All USA destinations are shipped FedEx Express which has a 2-3 day transit time for US residents. You will receive tracking information in an email when your order ships.
International shipments may choose between First Class, Priority mail or FedEx, but we strongly suggest FedEx as it gets through customs easier. There is no guarantee of tracking for international shipments. If your package hasn't arrived after 30 days, please contact us with your tracking number. Craft and Lore cannot be held responsible for the US Postal Service losing packages once it leaves the USA. If a package is indeed lost, and after 60 days have passed since the shipping day, please contact us and we will see what we can do.