The Craft and Lore Task Boot is a collaborative boot with Nick's Handmade Boots in our neighboring city of Spokane Washington. Please see the Important SIZING and ORDER PROCESS below for details.
- Entirely hand built by Nicks Boots in Spokane Washington
- Fit Guaranteed
- Boot Height 6"
- Moderate Arch HNW Last
- 430 Oil-Resisting Vibram Full Sole
- Rugged Oil Tanned 7/8oz thick leather from Seidel Tannery in WI, USA
- Solid brass eyelets and lace hooks
- Celastic Toe with Full Cap
- Craft and Lore Axmark stamp on the removable false tongue
- These fall under our Custom Product No Returns policy or cancellations.
- Not eligible for any coupons or discounts
The Task Boot is designed to be the everyday boot for light to medium duty jobs in your work or adventures -- and yet can still be worn to church with some spit-shine as needed. Built with durable oil-tanned leather from the Siedel Tannery in Milwaukee Wisconsin, USA, lasted on the classic moderate-arch HNW last, and fully re-soleable and rebuildable, the Task Boot is the definition of heritage.
New Leather: 1964 Brown
For the last two years, Nick's has been working tirelessly with their USA tanneries to produce leather that is more similar to the "classic boot leather recipe" they used decades ago. The 1964 Brown is similar to these older leathers in temper and color. They have packed oils, waxes, and natural conditioners into the leather so that they'll feel even better out of the box. They are just as durable as Nick's current offerings and work great in all applications, including fire. After field-testing the leather, it wears and burnishes like every boot should, gaining character as it takes a beating.
Seidel Leather Options
This extremely tough leather option is built for the long haul. Expect longer break-in period for this rugged boot leather.
Craft & Lore is an independent design and build workshop focused on durable handmade leather accessories. It happens to be a stones-throw across the Idaho line from the Nicks Handmade Boots workshop in Spokane, Washington. When the lads at Nicks Boots reached out to Craft & Lore about a collaboration, they jumped at the chance.
For 55+ years, Nicks Boots has been hand-making rugged heirloom quality work boots for loggers and wildland firefighters. Craft & Lore has spent the past 5 years developing a reputation for building rugged and enduring men’s accessories. Sourcing materials from quality-proven American companies has always been important to the ethos of both brands, along with the craftsmanship involved in their work. From the meticulously hand-lasting of their boots, to the impervious hand-stitching that Craft & Lore employs on their leather goods, it was a solid match for a collaboration.
- If boots normally fit you, you’re in luck. Nicks Boots will fit a bit large compared to your mass-produced footwear. For a more snug fit, select a ½ size smaller than your mass-produced shoe size. Example: If you normally wear size 12D, you could order a size 11.5D in Nicks to achieve a snug fit. If you would like a little bit more room in your boots, you can order your normal boot size.
For more direction in determining your size, download and print both the DIY Sizing Guide and Instructions.
- If you normally cannot find boots that fit or are really unsure, we can help you find your size! With our Try-On Boot Process, you can choose to tweak the size relative to the try-on boots. This will allow you to make choices such as: going a ½ size longer/shorter or making the final boots wider/narrower.
There can be no cancellations after the order is placed, due to all the moving parts of this collaboration. Placing an order guarantees you'll receive full service and care in receiving what you order. There is a decent wait for these USA handmade boots, and your confidence and commitment to seeing the order through to completion is required by us.
Here is what to expect when you place your order.
- Your order passes through us to Nick's Boots.
- We ship out a packet that includes your boot False Tongue with the Craft and Lore Axmark branding.
- Nick's builds your boots in the order received, with variable wait times depending on their work load. You can always contact Nick's about current expected wait times.
- If your boots do no fit well (always follow fit guides), they can be exchanged with a shortened wait time generally about 2 to 3 weeks.
- You receive a long life tough boot that can be rebuilt and resoled as needed.
- New soles are often required after years of wear-out. Send them in to be resoled for a fee.
- If other aspects of the boot are being worn out and in need of replacement, Nicks can replace parts as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between Nick's Boots and your Task Boot?
A: The details make the difference is the short answer. Besides being slightly thicker leather, the Task Boot has some small stitching pattern details, a two piece heel cap, and our Axmark on the false tongue, is the long answer. So basically, not very much. Ordering the Task Boot is a way that you're supporting both brands and getting a style that you cannot receive from Nick's directly, even though there are close similar options.
Most orders arrive between
Estimated 2-4 Weeks
Port Wallets, Insider Wallets and Enfold Card Wallets typically go out a day or two after the order is placed. If you have a deadline, please contact us. We may be able to work something out.
Custom Requests: Closed
Our store orders are our top priority, and so we're unable to interrupt our work flow in order to accept any custom requests. If you're interested in your initials being placed on your item, we suggest taking it in to your local laser engraver. You'll receive a quality engraving, that is truly complimentary to your fine leather goods.
Items In Stock
Generally we keep Port Wallets, Insiders and Enfold Card Wallets built and ready to ship. Otherwise all leather goods are generally hand made to your order. Items marked as 'in stock' means that we have the material on hand to fulfill your order and that wait times will apply.
All USA destinations are shipped FedEx Express which has a 2-3 day transit time for US residents. You will receive tracking information in an email when your order ships.
International shipments may choose between First Class, Priority mail or FedEx, but we strongly suggest FedEx as it gets through customs easier. There is no guarantee of tracking for international shipments. If your package hasn't arrived after 30 days, please contact us with your tracking number. Craft and Lore cannot be held responsible for the US Postal Service losing packages once it leaves the USA. If a package is indeed lost, and after 60 days have passed since the shipping day, please contact us and we will see what we can do.